1) Headline “One in four Britons will get cancer” , First sentence ” more than one in four Britons will get cancer.” there’s Aritmetical incosistency
2) Claims are :
– “More than one in four Britons will get cancer at some point in their lives, figures reveal” – there’s no stated source or any other information about the claim. So we can’t know if it is reliable .
– “Figures obtained by Macmillan Cancer Support show 42% of us will develop cancer compared to around 32% 30 years ago”
– “But it is also partly a result of people living longer”
– “There are currently two million people in Britain with the illness and this is expectedto double within the next 20 years”
3) “Experts blame lifestyle factors such as obesity,excessive drinking and smoking for rising levels of the disease. But it is also partly a result of people living longer.” It doesn’t make any sense because these factors are bad and it can’t make people live longer it is inconsistent.
4) When people live long that means life expectancy rates are increasing. The older a person gets the weaker their immune system gets and the chances of them to be a victim of diesease of affluence increases significantly.
5) Increasing Cancer rates in a population is something bad. But if we think in economically cancer rate might be a good result. It’s in human nature , at some point people die. So it balances the population and it increases the national income per capita .
Group Members are :
1) Emre Can Topaloğlu 11424101 (Secretary)
2) Ceren Sarıtaş 11424079
3) Berivan Kızılocak 11324073
4) Buse Durdurak 11424113